When child development stages are examined, it is observed that their language development begins in the womb. The earlier the language education starts in children, whose brain development is much faster than in older ages, the more permanent and effective it will be. Online Turkish education for children can be started at an early age as a second language education in addition to mother tongue education.
When Should Turkish Education for Children Be Started?
In fact, there is no specific age to receive Turkish education as a second language. However, studies reveal that the earlier a second language education for children is started, the more successful it will be. For this reason, experts argue that foreign language education for children should be started before the age of 3, during which language learning is easier and permanent.
Benefits of Learning Turkish at an Early Age
Giving your children Turkish education at an early age supports both their personal and mental development. Turkish education as a second language;
- Supports the mental and cognitive development of children,
- Strengthens the memory of children, increases their mental activities,
- By supporting language development, it enables children to be more successful in their mother tongue education as well,
- Increases attention and concentration,
- The child who learns a new language by learning Turkish at an early age exhibits a more self-confident and more social personality than their peers,
- It also facilitates children’s other field of studies, enables them to learn their lessons more effectively in the future,
- It increases the success of children in their school life.
Things to Consider in Turkish Education for Children
When providing online Turkish education for children, it is absolutely necessary to get support from professional educators. Professional educators provide language training appropriate to the age and level of the child, preventing the child from getting bored with learning Turkish. While teaching Turkish to children, materials such as games, cartoons, fairy tales, etc., which enable the child to learn the language with pleasure without getting bored should be used rather than coursebooks.
Apart from all these, speaking both in the mother tongue and Turkish at home, exposing the child to Turkish frequently in his daily life, not forgetting that language learning is a time-consuming task and not forcing the child to learn Turkish are among the extra methods parents can adopt.